We are privileged and honored to offer the veterans funeral and cremation packages to the families of the brave men and women who served our country to protect our rights and freedoms as American citizens. God Bless the Veterans and their service to our country and God Bless America!
We offer a simple and most gracious "Thank You" to every first responder, essential worker and medical professional on the front lines of this healthcare crisis and are grateful for every helper supporting them. We acknowledge the risks you take every single day, just by showing up to do your job. Your duty to serve conflicts with your own safety, and that is a stress most will never understand. We thank you for every late night, every extra shift, every missed dinner at home. We thank you not only for the sacrifice you continue to make for us all, but the sacrifices your families and loved ones are making in kind.
John P. Brooks – President
The John P. Brooks Family of Funeral Homes
Funeral Package 2
Veterans Funeral Service and Burial
Starting At 6,995.00
- Basic services of funeral director and staff
- Removal from place of death (within 35 mile radius of funeral home, over 35 miles a mileage charge will apply)
- Casket (20 gauge steel with branch of service head panel)
- Bathing and Handling
- Dressing, cosmetizing, casketing
- Visitation one (1) hour before the funeral service in the Brooks Family Chapel
- Funeral service in the Brooks Family Chapel
- Register Book (choice of white, red, navy)
- Funeral coach (if local cemetery within 35 miles, service vehicle if cemetery is over 35 miles)
- Full obituary with photo posted on our website
- One certified death certificate (additional dc’s are $4 each)
- Grave space at DFW National Cemetery
- Outer burial container at DFW National Cemetery
- Opening and closing of the grave at DFW National Cemetery
- Grave Marker
- Use of shelter for 30 minute service at DFW National Cemetery
- Veterans Burial Flag
- Military Honors – folding of flag, presentation of flag and recorded playing of taps
* When burial of the Veteran is in a national cemetery the cemetery charges are provided, free of charge, for the veteran with anything other than a dishonorable discharge. This includes the grave space, outer burial container, opening and closing of the grave, grave marker, shelter for service, military honors and veteran’s burial flag.
**If the family of the veteran does not choose burial at a national cemetery the Veterans Administration will still provide a grave marker, military honors, and Veterans burial flag free of charge for the veteran with anything other than a dishonorable discharge.
***The cremated Veteran can be inurned in any national cemetery in a columbarium or in ground burial with the opening and closing, outer burial container, marker, burial flag and honors provided free of charge by the Veterans Administration to the Veteran with anything other than a dishonorable discharge.
****The spouse and disabled children of the Veteran (if they qualify) can be buried along with the Veteran in the national cemeteries and the Veterans Administration will also provide for their grave space, opening and closing of the grave and the outer burial container free of charge if the Veteran has anything other than a dishonorable discharge.
*****If veteran is killed while serving, or due to a service related injury, or is retired military then
Honors will also include, Honor guard as pallbearers, 21 gun salute, and an individual to play taps.