We are privileged and honored to offer the veterans funeral and cremation packages to the families of the brave men and women who served our country to protect our rights and freedoms as American citizens. God Bless the Veterans and their service to our country and God Bless America!
A Message To All Veterans From John P. Brooks
As President and CEO of the John P. Brooks Family Funeral Homes, my personal mission is to make certain every Veteran’s patriotic service to our country is honored whether burial includes a funeral service with full honors or a direct cremation with honors. That is why hundreds of Veterans and their families choose us every year to take care of these important arrangements.
The brave men and women who served our country both in wartime and peace, deserve our respect and admiration. Every individual who proudly wore the uniform of the U.S. Armed Forces did their part to make us the greatest nation on earth. The freedoms we cherish today are the result of the sacrifices they made when they answered their country’s call to serve. I count it an honor to serve each and every Veteran and their family who entrust our funeral homes with their services. I personally Thank You.
We have had the privilege of conducting services for a Secret Service Agent, a U.S. Astronaut, a Medal of Honor Winner, A Pilot of one of the planes involved in Hiroshima, the spouse of a Brigadier General, a “Flying Tiger” pilot and many other men and women who faithfully served their country. In addition to these services we honor all our Fallen Heroes with special commemorative ceremonies on Veterans Day and Memorial Day each year at our funeral homes.
Our excellent service is matched by our reasonable prices and unique Veterans line of beautiful 18 gauge steel caskets for each branch of service. They are available in Cobalt, Blue with Brushed Natural Steel or Silver exterior with premium velvet interior. If you prefer cremation we provide artisan crafted brass urns for each branch of service.
In addition our services include a complimentary Branch of Service Memorial Register Book made from the cloth of your branch’s dress uniform. The front of the Book is adorned with the Branch Insignia and the Good Conduct Ribbon and the spine of the book is bound with the brass buttons from the dress uniform.
All of this is just an example of the extraordinary care we provide for Veterans and their Families.
We Provide or Arrange For:
- Branch of Service Casket or Cremation Urn with U.S. Burial Flag
- Branch of Service Memorial Register Book Made From Dress Uniform Cloth
- Death Notice in Dallas Morning News
- Full obituary with photo posted on our funeral home website
- Fax DD-214 to V.A. National Scheduling Office To Arrange Burial
- Grave space or Cremation Niche at DFW National Cemetery
- Outer Burial Container at DFW National Cemetery
- Opening and closing of the grave or niche at DFW National Cemetery
- Grave marker or engraving of niche front at DFW National Cemetery
- Use of shelter for 30 minute service at DFW National Cemetery
- Military Honors (folding of flag, presentation of flag and recorded playing of taps)
- Assisting the family with V.A. burial benefits forms